In this video course, Dr. Marjorie Meyer provides an overview of pain in women, how women are exposed to opioids, and prevention of opioid use disorder (OUD). Participants will be able to review: opioid prescribing in women, consequences of over-prescribing in women, and methods to prevent OUD in women. This webinar was supported by the Vermont Center on Behavior and Health.
How it Works
After watching a video presentation by Marjorie Meyer, M.D., you will be required to take a short quiz. Upon receiving a grade of 80% or higher, you will be directed to a course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation, you will be able to download a .pdf certificate to get your course credit.
- Video Presentation
- Exit quiz requiring a score of at least 80% to earn contact hours
- Evaluation of the training
About the Presenter
Marjorie Meyer, MD Dr. Meyer oversees the treatment for pregnant women with opioid use disorder at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Read more
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 1 CONTACT HOUR pending for nurses
- 1 CONTACT HOUR for social workers, licensed professional clinical counselors, psychologists, continuing health education specialists, and behavioral healthcare workers.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors.
Disclosure: Neither the presenter nor the program planners (CCSME) have any commercial interest or conflict of interest to disclose.
Disclaimer: This course is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice. The views, opinions, and content expressed in this presentation do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of the Co-Occurring Collaborative Serving Maine (CCSME).