Register HERE | 2020.12.8 | 12p.m. to 2p.m. | Webinar | Working with Justice Involved Methamphetamine Users | 2 Contact Hours
Working with methamphetamine users can be confusing for persons who are accustomed to working with other drugs. While many issues are the same, some attributes are unique to a methamphetamine user with moderate to severe SUD. They tend to display different behaviors that can be easy to misinterpret as resistance, or defiance. Court, treatment, and case outcomes improve if supervision, treatment, counsel, social services, health staff, and Court personnel know what to look for, what to expect, and how to deal with those challenges.
This training will be packed with information and visuals for easy learning. You will not be bored. Join us and bring your friends who need to know about this unique drug.
About the Presenter
Helen Harberts, MA, JD, Helen Harberts has worked in drug court systesm since 1994 as both a prosecutor and a chief probation officer. She drafted the protocol and implemented the Butte County juvenile and adult drug court. Read more
- 2 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 2 Category I contact hours for Psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 2 contact hours for CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 2 contact hours pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- 2 continuing legal education hours pending from the Maine State Bar Association
Completion of an electronic evaluation is required to receive a certificate of contact hours.