The trainer’s manual is a basic curriculum on co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. The course covers twelve core competency content areas, each divided into learning modules. Each module offers training activities, handouts, Powerpoint slides and a test. A resource lists on co-occurring disorders is provided, as well as an extensive section on training tools and tips. The following areas are covered in this manual.
- CC 1. People with Co-occurring Disorders: Descriptions and Definitions
- CC 2. Treatment and Recovery Philosophies
- CC 3. Substance Abuse Disorders
- CC 4. Overview of Mental Health Conditions
- CC 5. Integrated Principles for Co-occurring Disorders
- CC 6. Screening and Assessment Skills and Process
- CC 7. Intervention, Motivation, and Treatment Strategies
- CC 8. Assessing Our Own Attitudes, Motivation, and Health
- CC 9. Family, Peer and Natural Supports
- CC 10. Crisis Intervention for People with Co-occurring Disorders
- CC 11. Youth at Risk for Co-occurring Disorders
- CC 12. Psychopharmacology
- CC 13. Ethical and Risk Management
The development of this trainer’s manual was made possible through a grant from the Mental Health Funding Collaborative to the Co-Occurring Collaborative Serving Maine (CCSME).