The pharmacist is a vital member of the healthcare team but is often underutilized. This brief, self-directed online course explores the contributions of the pharmacist and the supporting evidence and impact the pharmacist has on patient care. This course discusses strategies to bridge the gap between the pharmacist and other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective communication and collaboration that can mitigate diversion and misuse and promote effective opioid use disorder treatment.
How it Works
After watching a video presentation by Stephanie Nichols, PharmD, BCPS, BCPP, you will be required to take a short quiz. Upon receiving a grade of 80% or higher, you will be directed to a course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation, you will be able to download a .pdf certificate to get your course credit.
- Video Presentation
- Exit quiz requiring a score of at least 80% to earn contact hours
- Evaluation of the training
About the Presenter
Stephanie Nichols, PharmD, BCPS, BCPP, is an Associate Professor of Pharmacy at Husson University, an adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Tufts, and a psychiatric and substance use disorder (SUD) pharmacist. Dr. Nichols has over a decade of experience providing direct patient care and inter-professional teaching and has won multiple awards for excellence in the areas of teaching, student precepting, and clinical practice.
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 1.5 contact hours for nurses.
CCSME Provider Unit is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Northeast Multi-State Division (NE-MSD), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation status does not imply endorsement by ANCC, NE-MSD or CCSME Provider Unit.
- 1.5 contact hours approved by the Maine Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors.
- 1.5 Category I contact hours for Psychologists are provided.
CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1.5 contact hours for CHES.
CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- Certificate of completion for 1.5 contact hours for Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors, and other Professionals.
- This course may be used for 1.5 contact hour for MHRT-C Domain 2 or 5