Recovery Perspectives

Current Status
Not Enrolled
Price
Get Started

To take this course, scroll down to the ‘Take this Course” button and click to register and pay for the course. If you have already registered for this course, log in to begin or resume the course.

In this web-based course, you will see people with their own experiences of recovery from co-occurring conditions discuss among themselves — and with service providers — the issues that are of most concern to them when they ask for help. They discuss their views on their conditions, their recovery, and their experiences with treatment.

Service providers will gain a better understanding of the importance of relationships, equality, empowerment and authenticity in their work.
[ult_blockquote align=”” cite=”” color=”” bcolor=”” ]

What recovery means to me is definitely hope… and continued hope.

Sheila

[/ult_blockquote]

Background on the Project

This project was initiated and led by people in recovery who participated in the Maine State Co-Occurring Integration Initiative. The goal was to offer training to providers highlighting the notion that recovering people are the most true and best experts on themselves and that they bring knowledge to their treatment and recovery that providers of services do not always have or recognize.

[ult_blockquote align=”” cite=”” color=”” bcolor=”” ]

I think that one of the important parts of recovery for me is that I can look at it as a journey.

Monica

[/ult_blockquote]

How it Works

This course is a self-guided online training with a combination of readings, videos, and reflection questions. At the end of the course you will be required to complete a continuing education quiz with a score of 80% or higher. You will then be directed to a course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation, you will be able to download a .pdf certificate to get your course credit.

Outline

• Readings and reflections in five course sections
  • Exit quiz requiring a score of at least 80% to earn contact hours
  • Evaluation of the training

Target Audience

Behavioral health care providers (including mental health counselors, nurses, psychologists, licenses professional counselors, social workers, etc) in the United States

Learning Objectives

• To articulate the concept of recovery.
  • To name — from the perspectives of recovering people — what aspects of treatment and relationships with service providers work to support recovery
  • To describe the importance of mutual relationships, welcoming and empathy from people who provide services

Contact Hours

Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.

• 1.5 Category I contact hours for Psychologists are provided.
    CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
  • 1.5 contact hours for CHES.
    CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
  • 1.5 contact hours approved by the Maine Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors
  • Certificate of completion for 1.5 contact hours for Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors, and other Professionals.

Important Info

Resource List CCSME Policies

mbhwdcfooter-5